for School Board Position 4 at large
Background: Teacher, Community Advocate
"Our children deserve someone with real educational experience, who is passionate about equity in education and who understands what should be priorities for our schools."
“I have watched Julie champion the efforts of young children at the shelter, as a teacher, and a mother for over a decade. I cannot think of a person who is more dedicated to making sure children thrive.”
– Dina DiNucci, Gresham City Councilor
I am running for our GBSD School Board because I bring a unique perspective to the board, including 30+ years of service to children and families. After my retirement, the teacher shortage brought on by the pandemic compelled me to continue serving our community: during COVID, I returned to the
classroom both online and in person.
I have the knowledge and experience to make a difference on our school board. Some of my priorities are:
● Make sure ALL families/students feel they are safe and belong within their school community.
● Provide adequate support staff for the primary grades and those students with learning differences.
● Continue to support and provide additional services for the behavioral and mental health needs of our students.
● Encourage a balanced education where art, music and learning through play empowers students to be
creative and engaged learners.
I have personal and professional experience working with those who struggle with mental illness, gender identity, and racism. Our children deserve someone with real educational experience, who is passionate about equity in education and who understands what should be priorities for our schools. I am that person.
Thank you for your vote!
- Gresham-Barlow Education Association
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 555
- State Representative Zach Hudson
- State Representative Ricki Ruiz
- Shoshonna Roberts, Maggie Mae’s Children’s Bookshop owner
- Judy Han, Owner: Sunny Han’s Wok & Grill
- Community Leaders: Dave Dyk, Debbie Phillips
Join JULIE FREDIANI to support students and families!
More info: julie4gbsd.org