for School Board Position 7 at large
Background: Mom, Project Manager, Community Board Member
"I have a proven track record of advocating, funding, and managing programs to benefit our educators, students, and community."
Thirty-three years ago, my husband and I decided to plant our roots in Damascus. We raised our three sons, all of whom are products of the GBSD, along with countless other children I had the privilege to care for at my daycare. I understand the critical role a quality education can have on the trajectory of our youths’ lives, which is why I have devoted my life to serving our children.
I have a proven track record of advocating, fundraising, and managing programs to benefit our educators, students and community. I am asking for your vote, so that I can take that commitment and experience to serve families district wide.
● Founder and current treasurer of Barlow VIPS (choir and theatre) - 8 years
● Current treasurer of Barlow Booster Club (Senior All Night Party) - 2 years
● Deep Creek/Damascus Boosters/Parent Teacher Organization - 10 years
● Valley Premier Futbol Club (and photographer) - 10 years
Other Volunteer Activities:
● Campaign Manager for successful 2016 GBSD bond
● Barlow boys soccer team manager/photographer/fundraiser - 4 years
As your next GBSD Board Member for Position 7, I will be a champion for:
● Prioritizing school safety
● Improving students’ mental health
● Addressing students’ needs academically and socially post- Covid
● Expanding CTE and STEAM curriculum for all ages
I will always fight for a better future for all of our students. My commitment to you is to work tirelessly to provide the resources and support necessary for our schools to thrive.
- UFCW 555
- Stand for Children
- Planned Parenthood
- Democratic Party of Clackamas County
- State Representative Ricki Ruiz
- Multnomah County Commissioner Lori Stegmann
- Former Metro Councilor Shirley Craddick
- Jim Schlachter, retired GBSD superintendent
- Neal Bridgnell, GBSD Educator
- Shaari Cohen, GBSD Educator
- Jeff and Amber Schroeder, GBSD Educators
- Jeffery Gehrig, Classroom teacher, Gresham/Barlow School District
- Kelly Deatherage, GBSD Teacher
- ROG3RS REALTY INC
- Tom Fetters, Veterans Counselor/U.S. Navy Veteran
Every contribution, no matter the size, is another step towards our success!